CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July Life Update!



<-----This is me with two of my best buds, Rachel and Kylan. For spring break we went to St. Augustine, Florida and had a blast. This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip :)

Every time I say "time is flying" it seems to go even faster. Senior year, for me, was all it's cracked up to be. Pretty much every day at school was a good time despite it being school. Every weekend, my group of friends does something that involves a lot of eating, laughing, adrenaline, and very little sleep.

Even though I'm usually very tired, the weekdays have been fun too. I don't know how many of you watch LOST, but I must confess, I am addicted. Not my typical type of show, but it is SO gripping. I won't get into it, but I highly recommend it. My friends and I watch a lot of it.

<------This picture was taken the night before prom. My group of friends went out to the sporting club for some fine dining. It was a lot of fun and we watched a beautiful sunset on the water.

My parents(for those of you who may know them) are increasingly busy and excited about the ministry of our church. Both of my parents do quite a bit of counselling, mostly family, pre-marital, and marriage counselling and they love it. God has certainly blessed them both with the gifts to do that kind of work. Also, they are helping lead a group on a short term missions trip to Guatemala in two weeks. They are VERY excited about that. My dad and I have both been to Guatemala at different times and had an amazing time, but this is my mom's first missions trip ever. They are going to be working closely with a church in Guatemala city doing some marriage seminar stuff with the people there. They are so hungry there for that kind of ministry.

This summer I am babysitting in the mornings. Well actually, I am driving kids around to summer programs. I don't mind driving so it's s good job for me. And I like that it is just in the mornings so I can do other things in the afternoon.

It is seeming to work out for me to go to Indiana Wesleyan University in the fall. I was accepted quite a while ago, but my only concern has been the financial aspect of it. I have really felt a peace all along about going there, but it is 23,000 dollars a year. So I just started praying that God would be who He is and make his way clear to me. After many phone calls to IWU's financial aid office, they discovered last week that I was eligible for money that neither of us were really aware of. It turns out that I can get $10,000 in grant money. Needless to say, it's much more likely that IWU will work out for me in the fall. Praise the Lord! I plan on studying psychology. I am not sure what direction I'll go with it when i am done, but counselling has always been close to my heart. So, we'll see.

Anyways, I have to grab some lunch, shower, and get ready for 4th of July!!! Many of you know that I am not American(and do not wish to be....hehe...I love Canada), but who doesn't get excited about fireworks, friends, and lots of good food?

I tried to add more pictures to this post but it wouldn't work for some reason. I'll post a prom picture and a graduation picture soon. Until next time.....

2 comments:

Erskine said...

Oh, my! Bless the Lord! $10,000!!! Hallelujah! Testify to Him more, Laura; it's awesome!

Ryan said...

I miss your boyfriend. Tell him I love him.

(And that song is "Brothers on a Hotel Bed" by Death Cab for Cutie.)